Active Living for all Prince George Citizens
The City of Prince George understands the value and promotes the benefits of active living as an essential part of healthy living. The Leisure Access Program (LAP) provides an opportunity for individuals with limited income to participate in a variety of active living activities.
All Leisure Access clients receive:
40 complimentary public swimming or skating admissions.
75% off 10 visit, monthly or annual passes at the pool if the 40 complimentary admissions are used.
75% off programs ($50 credit max.) such as swimming lessons and Community Association programs.
Children (12 & under) ride Prince George Transit for free on Sat. & Sun when accompanied by an adult.
In order to qualify, the applicant must be a resident of Prince George or surrounding area and fall into one of three categories;
1. Receive assistance from one of the following;
- Ministry of Children & Family Development,
- Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation,
- Community Living BC,
- Carrier Sekani Family Services or
- Nezul Be Hunuyeh Child and Family Services Society.
2. Have an annual income in the previous year that is below the Low Income Guidelines. Please see Application form for qualifying income levels.
3. Receive a Canadian Pension or Long Term Disability that is below the Low Income Guidelines.
How to Apply
Meet the eligibility criteria.
Fill out the application completely and accurately.
Take your application to one of the referral agencies and have them sign and stamp your form OR photocopy your previous years Notice of Assessment to bring in with your filled out application form.
Please allow 2 weeks to process your form. Once approved you will receive a letter in the mail notifying you of your approval.
Take your approval letter with you to the pool to be set up with your Leisure Access card. The card is valid for one year from the date issued. You must re apply after 1 year.
Applications form are available at:
- Four Season Leisure Pool
- Prince George Aquatic Centre or
- Download from our website here
Download the Leisure Access Brochure for more information
For more information please contact the Recreation & Culture department at 250-561-7640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.