To provide for our human needs and maintain a high quality of life for everyone, the City of Prince George is committed to a population health approach to social development. Population health is an approach to health that aims to improve the health of the entire population and to reduce health inequities among population groups. In order to reach these objectives, it looks at and acts upon the broad range of factors and conditions that have a strong influence on our health.
The City of Prince George Social Grants Program, administered in partnership with the Prince George Community Foundation, funds initiatives aligned with four myPG Social Development Strategy goals and key strategies including:
- Prince George has eliminated homelessness and offers all of its citizens accessible, affordable and safe housing.
Integrated and collaborative initiatives to support individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- People of all backgrounds, ethnicities and income levels can access services that help to meet their needs and improve their quality of life.
Initiatives to address poverty
Initiatives to address racism and discrimination
- Prince George is a community that encourages and supports health and wellness.
Childhood Obesity Prevention
Food Security (with a particular emphasis on accessibility to local, healthy food for all)
- Prince George is a community where all citizens feel safe.
Respond to the Communities that Care Community Assessment Report by supporting:
Initiatives that counter community laws and norms favourable towards substance use
Initiatives that foster family capacity to monitor children’s activities and provide clear and consistent messages regarding expected standards of behaviour within families.
Initiatives that counter youth and family attitudes favourable towards antisocial behaviour.
Note: The City of Prince George Social Grants Program will be aligned with the above mentioned 4 social development strategy goals and key strategies.
Learn about the City of Prince George grant opportunities in support of the myPG Social Development Goals listed below.
Citizens of Prince George share a clear identity that the community can be proud of, with a strong downtown and connection to its rivers and natural surroundings.
Citizens enjoy a rich cultural life, with more events, facilities, education and community involvement in the arts.
Prince George is a friendly and engaged community with strong social connections that recognizes, celebrates and protects neighbourhood identities.
Eligible Initiatives Must:
- Align with one or more of the myPG Social Development goals and key strategies listed above
- Demonstrate funding and service delivery partnerships
- Contribute to the coordination and integration of complementary services
- Reflect a population health approach
A population health approach:
- Addresses the determinants of health and their interactions
- Bases decisions on evidence
- Increases upstream investments
- Applies multiple strategies
- Collaborates across sectors and levels
- Employs mechanisms for public involvement
- Demonstrates accountability for outcomes
Grants are not provided for:
- Payment of City property taxes
- Capital projects
Prior to completing your application please ensure your project supports the above mentioned grant criteria and eligibility requirements.
The 2013 Social Grants form is available here. Due Date: January 30th, 2013
You will need Adobe Reader to access the form. Adobe Reader is available free to download by clicking here.