Community Outdoor Ice Rinks
What a great way to get out and enjoy winter!
Strap on your skates and get some fresh air on one of these volunteer maintained community outdoor ice rinks.
Community Outdoor Ice Rinks – Things to Remember
- Remember, these rinks are maintained by volunteers, so please bring a shovel and help keep it clear of snow.
- Protective equipment including helmet, knee pads, elbow pads are strongly recommended
- Profanity, physical abuse or horseplay is not allowed
- Skaters and hockey players be considerate of each other, divide up ice so everyone can enjoy this outdoor activity
- Help keep the area free of litter
- Please report any unsafe conditions or issues to City of Prince George 250-561-7600.
Please contact your local Community Association to get involved or call 250-561-7649 for more information.
Community Outdoor Ice Rink
Each outdoor ice rink is sponsored by a Community Association. An outdoor ice rink application package is sent to each Community Association in September of each year. The Community Association submits rink requests by mid October and rink locations are approved by the City of Prince George. It is recommended that each rink have a captain with at least 2 - 3 volunteers committed to flooding and maintaining the rink for the winter.
All rinks must have a certified ice rink captain who has attended the Outdoor Ice Maintenance Certification Program. This workshop will cover basic flooding equipment, use of fire hydrants and standpipes and flooding techniques. Please register in advance by phoning 250-561-7600 or coming into city hall.
Call 250-561-7600 to sign up for the Free workshop on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the City Hall Annex.
Please call our Community Coordinator at 250-561-7649 with any further questions or for more information.