Parks Information Sheet
- Please keep parks clean and clear of garbage, bottles and debris.
- Please refrain from both drinking alcohol and creating excessive noise in or near the park.
- The User is responsible for their group’s conduct during use of the park.
- City Parks are for everyone’s enjoyment so please be courteous of other park users.
- The User is responsible for the control, use and security of the area(s) specified, and lock-up of services after their use. The User is also responsible for the pick up of key(s) and return of key(s) to the Community Services Department, City Hall, 1100 Patricia Boulevard.
- Gas barbecues are permitted in all City Parks.
- Picnic tables are available for your use in many of our City Parks. Sheltered picnic table areas are located in the following parks – Cottonwood Island Park, Fort George Park, Rainbow Park, Paddlewheel Park and Forests For The World.
- Reservations for picnic tables can be made through the Community Services Department. The City has additional picnic tables that can be reserved and delivered to the City Park of your choice. The rates are listed below.
- Fort George Park Spray Park fountain is activated by the control located on the fountain. The Spray Park is not reserved for specific user groups.
- Connaught Hill Park is closed to vehicle traffic at 9:00pm.
- Dogs are permitted, on leash, in Cottonwood Island Park, Moore’s Meadow and Wilson Park, and along the Heritage River Trail System. Please stoop and scoop. Dogs are not permitted in Fort George Park.
- Wedding parties are requested to use birdseed instead of paper confetti.
- The Fort George Park Train runs weekends only, weather permitting, from noon to 4:00pm. There is a nominal charge of $1.00 per person to enjoy this little trip.
- Flowers in the parks stay until the middle or end of September, weather permitting. Flowers are planted in most parks toward the end of May and are usually in full bloom near the beginning of July.
- Please report any damaged or vandalized park amenities.
- Extra garbage containers are available upon request.
- The City of Prince George has a sixteen (16) day cancellation policy for full refunds.
Fees and Charges for Park use
||Per Half Day
||$17.36 per Hour
||$65.10 per Half Day
||$108.15 per Day|
|Park Sites With Power
||$23.53 per Hour
||$80.54 per Half Day
||$129.36 per Day|
||$12.66 per Table per Day, delivery included|