Transit Ads Go "COOL"
For the latest air quality advisory, please visit our Air Quality page
More information on Prince George Transit is available from the following sources:
Prince George Transit Future Plan
BC Transit, in collaboration with the City of Prince George, is conducting a 25 year Transit Future Plan for Prince George. A Transit Future Plan envisions what the Prince George transit network should look like 25 years from now and describes what services, infrastructure and investments are needed to get there. The plan will be designed to support local community goals and objectives, such as strengthening the link between transportation and land use in order to support sustainable growth. Please click here for the latest updates
Transit System Forum
The Transit Forum is no longer available (30 March, 2011). This message board is closed - continue discussing transit in Prince George on the BC Transit site.
Prince George Transit Service Review (2003)
The overall objectives of this first stage of the study were to compare Prince George's service and performance in key indicators, and to identify:
- improvements within the existing services and operations to reduce costs and/or improve services;
- improvements in service and customer amenities where possible;
- new market potential;
- partnerships to improve service and attract ridership;
- opportunities for service integration with the school services and/or the custom transit;
- opportunities for innovative services that will attract additional ridership or reduce costs;
- input into the BC Transit Funding and Service Strategy Review; and
- development of Stage 2 Terms of Reference.
This Prince George Transit Review has been completed in two stages. The first was designed as an overview assessment of the system, and intended to develop specific areas for review in Stage 2. This second stage addresses those specific areas of routes and services, fares, service standards and implementation, with specific recommendations in each area.