Located in central British Columbia (BC) on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh, the City of Prince George has a population of 74,003 and serves a region of nearly 320,000 people. As the largest city in one of the fastest growing regions in Canada, Prince George grew at a rate of 2.6 per cent in 2015, and is forecast to make further gains with real GDP rising by 2.4 per cent in 2016 and 2.8 in 2017.
The City of Prince George offers many opportunities a multitude of sectors:
- Professional services
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Accommodation and food services
Development charges in Prince George (among the lowest in Canada), a healthy economy, excellent transportation connectivity and competitive tax rates make Prince George a preferred location for businesses to establish or expand their operations.
The Economic Development Division
Together with local and regional partners, the City of Prince George’s Economic Development division ensures the continued strength of our local economy by:
- Supporting the retention and expansion of existing businesses
- Attracting new businesses to diversify the economy
- Advocating for increased workforce capacity
- Marketing Prince George as an ideal location to live, grow and do business
The Economic Development team is also proud to offer various videos about living, working and investing in Price George.
Watch more videos about the City of Prince George