With 120.8% growth over the past decade due to capital and private investment, the construction sector in Prince George is the fastest growing employment sector. By delivering and building modern and innovative infrastructure, this sector contributes to the development of new projects that are either planned or underway in northern British Columbia (BC).
Prince George's construction sector provides construction related services to projects of all sizes in northern BC, including:
- Residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, civil and roadway construction
- Planning and engineering services
- Energy management services
- Building operations and maintenance
- Skilled trades in construction
- Design and manufacturing of sustainable building products and materials
- Renovation and deconstruction
View a copy of our construction sector profile in English, Chinese or Korean.
Construction industry business opportunities in Prince George include:
- Wood design and innovation
- Workforce, education and training
- Transportation and logistics
- Equipment rental, storage and maintenance
View our Business Directory to search for current businesses in the Prince George area.
You can also view the Supply Chain Connector database.
Education and training
The City of Prince George has a number education and training opportunities related to the construction industry, including:
College of New Caledonia (CNC), Red Seal trades training in welding, machinist, millwright, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heavy duty mechanics, autobody, power engineering and more
University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC), degrees in business and environmental engineering
Master of Engineering in Integrated Wood Design program provided by UNBC, education in wood structure engineering, engineering for sustainable energy, and forest product engineering
Wood Innovation and Design Centre (WIDC), merge industry and training by combining the inventive use of wood solutions and education through UNBC
- Access to educated and knowledgeable professionals, with experts in civil, mechanical, and structural engineering, project management and architecture
Construction industry resources
View the following links for more information: