The Finance Department maintains the City of Prince George's financial health. The Department performs several finance-related tasks:
- Budget preparation and analysis
- Legislated reporting
- Asset accounting
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Property tax calculation and collection
- Revenue collection
Sustainable Finance Guidelines
The Guidelines are a tool approved by Council to help direct the development of sustainable finance in the City of Prince George.
Budget and Finance Reference Guide
The Guide provides additional information to assist Council and Administration in creating the current Financial Plan.
The Financial Plans include the five-year operating and capital budgets for each service area within the City.
The annual report includes audited financial statements, tax exemptions, services and operations for the previous year, the City's objectives and priorities, and measures of the City's activities and objectives.
Council and Administration regularly review priorities and actions with respect to the City's strategic plan. These are summarized in the Corporate Plan.
Statements of Financial Information
The Statements of Financial Information report is a legislated requirement for all British Columbia municipalities. The report includes:
- The municipality's audited financial statements and schedules regarding remuneration paid to the Mayor and Council.
- A listing of the municipal employees and their positions who have remuneration over the threshold amount of $75,000.
- Amounts paid to suppliers of goods and/or services to which the municipality paid a total of exceeding $25,000.
- All grants awarded by the municipality to not-for-profit organizations for the reporting year.
Past Statements of Financial Information