The Advisory Committee on Development Design provides impartial advice on development or policy affecting the community's physical environment. It also advises on applications for development permits in accordance with their Terms of Reference.
The Committee consists of nine citizens appointed by Council with expertise in the following areas:
- One architectural or design representative who shall be associated with building construction and site development in the city.
- One representative from the Northern Regional Construction Association.
- One representative from the housing industry, to be selected from the Canadian Homebuilders Association of Northern BC or the BC Northern Real Estate Board.
- One professional engineer who shall be associated with building construction and site development
- One landscape professional.
- One representative from the Prince George Council of Seniors.
- One representative from the Prince George Advisory Committee on Accessibility.
- One representative from the public at large.
- One representative trained in crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED).
Committee members are residents of Prince George who volunteer their time to provide impartial advice on development or policy affecting the community's physical environment.
- Willy Baldwin
- Ashley Elliott
- Hillary Morgan
- Lola-Dawn Fennell
- Bruce Johnston
- Lars Lindstrom
- Cory Klein
- Frederick Greene
Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes
The Committee awards a Certificate of Project Recognition to one project per year and considers factors including:
Learn more about the Certificate of Project Recognition and view past winners
- Climate sensitive design
- Crime prevention through environmental design