At their December 18, 2017 regular meeting, City Council passed a resolution to dissolve the Select Advisory Committee on Economic Development as the Committee has fulfilled its mandate and achieved the objectives outlined in their Terms of Reference.
The Select Advisory Committee on Economic Development endeavours to strengthen communication and collaboration between the City of Prince George and its respective economic development partners. The Committee also informs on the establishment of an economic development strategy for the City of Prince George.
The Committee consists of seventeen members. Eleven members are appointed by their respective institutions:
- City Council
- Regional District Fraser-Fort George
- Prince George Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Business Improvement Association
- Prince George Airport Authority
- Tourism Prince George
- Lheidli T'enneh
- University of Northern British Columbia
- College of New Caledonia
- Community Futures Fraser-Fort George
- Prince George Construction Association
- North Central Labour Council
Five community members with knowledge and expertise to at least one of the following sectors are appointed by council:
- transportation and warehousing
- professional, scientific and technical services
Committee members are residents of Prince George who volunteer their time to address issues affecting economic development.
Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes
View the meeting calendar including agendas and minutes