Select Committee on Poverty Reduction has prepared recommendations to reduce poverty at the local level. We need your input to help us prioritize them. Visit princegeorge.ca/getinvolved and take our Poverty Reduction Survey to share your feedback.
TogetherBC Poverty Reduction Strategy Recommendations
The Select Committee on Poverty Reduction submitted its initial proposed recommendations on implementing BC's TogetherBC Poverty Reduction Strategy to Council on Jan. 11, 2021.
For more information:
The Select Committee on Poverty Reduction advises Mayor, Council and City staff on the priorities, policies, and strategies affecting poverty reduction in Prince George.
The Committee also reviews relevant documentation such as:
- The Province’s TogetherBC strategy as it relates to potential local government action.
- Current City initiatives that contribute to poverty reduction.
- The 2019 Prince George Poverty Profile.
In addition, the Committee:
- Considers and integrates advice and activities of other Council Committees with mandates aligned with poverty reduction.
- Prepares recommendations on strategies the City could implement to advance Council’s poverty reduction priorities.
- Works to strengthen communication and collaboration between the City and community partners working to advance poverty reduction.
Committee members, to be appointed by their respective organizations, will include representatives, as follows:
- Two (2) members of Council (Councillor Krause and Councillor Ramsay).
- Up to seven (7) members including, as possible, representation from:
- School District 57
- Northern Health
- Community Partners Addressing Homelessness (CPAH)
- Student Society (NUGSS and/or CNC Student Union)
- Local Food Bank
- Prince George Native Friendship Centre
- Local Food Prince George
- In addition, up to four (4) members will contribute to the advancement of a shared vision for poverty reduction through their affiliation with:
- The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction Strategy Advisory Committee
- BC Office of the Seniors Advocate Advisory Committee or the Prince George Council of Seniors
- City of Prince George Advisory Committee on Accessibility
- Ministry of Social Development & Poverty Reduction – Prince George
Administrative Services/Legislative Services
City Hall - 5th Floor
1100 Patricia Boulevard
Prince George, BC V2L 3V9