After the Select Committee on Student Needs completed the objectives outlined in its mandate, Council has supported a recommendation to dissolve the body effective October 15, 2018.
The Select Committee on Student Needs advises on matters regarding the City's priorities, policies, and strategies affecting students in Prince George.
The Committee consists of nine members. Five members are appointed by their respective organisations and four are appointed by Council:
- City Council - one member (Chair)
- Northern Undergraduate Student Society (NUGSS) - one member
- College of New Caledonia Students' Union (CNCSU) - one member
- School District No. 57 Student Advisory Council (SD57) - one member
- Northern British Columbia Graduate Students' Society (NBCGSS) - one member
- Members of Public, appointed by Council - up to four members