Apply for a Student Mentorship Opportunity in Local Government
The City of Prince George is pleased to provide a unique mentorship opportunity to three (3) local, full or part-time post-secondary students in 2018. Interested students may complete and submit an application before
5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 12, 2018.
The Select Committee on Student Needs advises on matters regarding the City's priorities, policies, and strategies affecting students in Prince George.
The Committee consists of nine members. Five members are appointed by their respective organisations and four are appointed by Council:
- City Council - one member (Chair)
- Northern Undergraduate Student Society (NUGSS) - one member
- College of New Caledonia Students' Union (CNCSU) - one member
- School District No. 57 Student Advisory Council (SD57) - one member
- Northern British Columbia Graduate Students' Society (NBCGSS) - one member
- Members of Public, appointed by Council - up to four members
Committee members are residents of Prince George who volunteer their time to address issues affecting students.
- Lindsay Albers
- Kamal Bindra (CNCSU)
- Dara Campbell (NUGSS)
- Emilio Caputo
- Marion Erickson
- Trina Johnson (NBCGSS)
- Councillor Jillian Merrick
- Vacant (School District 57)
- Cory Sellar
Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes
View the meeting calendar including agendas and minutes