The Select Committee on Student Needs is currently recruiting for four positions serving a two-year term beginning January 1, 2018. Interested individuals are invited to
apply before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 27, 2017.
The Select Committee on Student Needs advises on matters regarding the City's priorities, policies and strategies affecting students in Prince George.
The Committee consists of nine members. Five members are appointed by their respective organizations and four are appointed by Council, including:
- City Council - one member (Chair)
- Northern Undergraduate Student Society (NUGSS) - one member
- College of New Caledonia Students' Union (CNCSU) - one member
- School District No. 57 Student Advisory Council (SD57) - one member
- Northern British Columbia Graduate Students' Society (NBCGSS) - one member
- Members of Public, appointed by Council - up to four members
Committee members are residents of Prince George who volunteer their time to address issues affecting students.
- Lindsay Albers
- Grant Bachand
- Arctica Cunningham
- Trina Johnson (NBCGSS)
- Councillor Jillian Merrick
- Daniel O'Reilly (School District 57)
- David Schroeter (NUGSS)
- Jaspal Singh (CNCSU)
- Ethan Sutherland
Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes
View the meeting calendar including agendas and minutes