The purpose of the Select Committee on a Safe, Clean, and Inclusive Downtown is to advise Council and City Staff on priorities and strategies related to key issues and work required to be done to address social issues throughout Prince George, with a focus on the downtown core.
In providing its advice, the Committee will endeavour to strengthen communication and collaboration between the City of Prince George and its business, government and non-profit partners while informing the development of a Safe, Clean, and Inclusive Downtown Strategy for the City of Prince George.
The committee will be comprised of a maximum of 15 members, including:
- Mayor (Chair)
- Up to nine members including representation from:
- Prince George Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Prince George
- Gateway Business Improvement Association
- Prince George R.C.M.P.
- Northern Health Authority
- B.C. Housing
- Association Advocating for Women and Community (AWAC)
- Prince George Native Friendship Centre
- Up to five community members appointed by Council. Community members are expected to have knowledge and experience related to Prince George social issues, with emphasis on the downtown area, and be familiar with the impacts on, and responsibilities of, various levels of government, non-profit organizations, and businesses for alleviating those issues.
- Lynne Brown
- Paul Burry
- David McMullen
- Shelby Petersen
- Daniel Roy
Meeting Schedule, Agendas, and Minutes