Free Graffiti Removal
The City of Prince George has a
FREE Graffiti Removal Program available to property owners (business and residential).
For more information on how to cover over graffiti at no cost and to request this service:
1100 Patricia Boulevard
Prince George, BC V2L 3V9
Phone: 311 (or 250-561-7600 outside city limits)
- Apply protective coating on walls to help with future graffiti removal.
- Install motion detector lights to discourage vandals.
- Move vehicles, dumpsters, and other items away from walls.
- Cover pipes to prevent access to the roof or upper levels of a building.
- Keep properties tidy.
Property Maintenance Bylaw
Property Maintenance Bylaw No. 8425's intentions are to protect the community from unsightly, hazardous and blighting conditions that contribute to the deterioration of neighbourhoods, to reduce such conditions; and to set standards for property maintenance. Graffiti in particular is considered to be unsightly under the Bylaw.
"Unsightly Property" includes land that displays the accumulation of refuse, garbage, graffiti, discarded materials, filth or derelict vehicles to such an extent that it looks unkempt, unmaintained, dilapidated or in disrepair.
The Bylaw applies to all land in within Prince George's boundaries and a land's owner or occupier is responsible for maintaining the property in accordance with Bylaw provisions.
Unsightliness, Unsanitary Conditions, and Graffiti
- No Owner or Occupier shall cause or permit Refuse, garbage or noxious, offensive or unwholesome objects or materials from collecting or accumulating on or around the Land of that Owner or Occupier.
- No Owner or Occupier shall cause or permit the Land of the Owner or Occupier to become or remain an untidy or Unsightly Property.
- No Owner or Occupiers of Land shall cause or permit unsanitary conditions to exist on the Land of that Owner or Occupier.
- No person shall place Graffiti in such a manner as to be visible from a highway, public place or other Lands.