Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park
Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park is the located at 1950 Gorse Street on the banks of the Fraser River between 17th Avenue and 20th Avenue off Queensway Boulevard. Formerly known as Fort George Park, Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park was renamed in 2015 to recognise the fact the park had once been a village for the Lheidli T'enneh. Pets are not permitted in this park, except along the Heritage River Trail System when pets are on-leash.
Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park Pavilion
The Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park Pavilion opened on National Indigenous Peoples Day on June 21, 2018. The Pavilion represents a partnership between the City of Prince George and the Lheidli T'enneh First Nation and features steel beams with ceilings made of Douglas-fir panels.
Park Features and Amenities
- Rotary Playground
- Rotaract Spray Park
- Kiwanis Bandshell Bowl
- Lheidli T'enneh Cemetery and historic interpretive signage.
- The Exploration Place Museum & Science Centre.
- The Little Prince mini-steam train railroad.
- Sand volleyball courts.
- Flower beds and large shade trees.
- Multi-use trails, connected to the Hudson's Bay Wetland and the Heritage River Trail System.
- Picnic sites and park benches
- Full washrooms
Connaught Hill Park
Connaught Hill Park is located off Queensway Boulevard at 1112 Connaught Drive and is situated on the top of a panoramic hill in the downtown core. The Park provides 360 degree views of the city and the Fraser River and was once home to a wooden ski jump in 1930.
The park is open from April to October, depending on the weather and pets are not permitted.
Features and amenities include:
- Flower beds and decorative old mill wheel.
- Panoramic City views
- Entrance through a vehicular loop road, stairway or trail.
- Picnic tables
- Outhouse washrooms
Rainbow Park features flower beds, forested glacial kettles, and picturesque valleys in the centre of Prince George and is located at 3800 Rainbow Drive off Ospika Boulevard. The Park is also suitable for tobogganing in the winter. Pets are not permitted. Features and amenities include:
- Playground and disc golf.
- Shaded gazebo and picnic sites.
- Flower beds and decorative rustic bridge.
- Multi-use, nature trails.
- Outhouse washrooms.
Book a Park Event or Gathering
For more information, call 250-561-7600 or visit the Park Bookings and Events page for details
Learn more about Park Bookings and Events