Reserve space in a City of Prince George park, picnic site, or sports field to host a special event. Many City parks and facilities are able to host major gatherings like weddings or tournaments. Please remember to review the Booking Information and Fees section before applying. Large event organisers are encouraged and advised to first obtain a permit before submitting a request to use a public space. Contact City Hall at 250-561-7600 for more information on permits.
Booking Information and Fees
User fees apply to the booking and use of most outdoor City facilities. Please note fees listed below do not include taxes.
Discounted Rate (Youth and Adult)
- $23.75 per hour
- $79.25 per five (5) hours (half day)
- $131.75 per day
- $13.50 per table per day (delivery included)
- $47.50 per hour
- $158.50 per five (5) hours (half day)
- $263.50 per day
- $27.00 per table per day (delivery included)
Discount rates are available to Prince George-based not-for-profit groups, charitable organisations, or registered societies with the primary purpose of community service where the local community benefits.
Download the consolidated Fees and Changes bylaw for details [PDF]
- Please allow two (2) weeks for park use permit processing.
- Vehicles are not permitted in parks. Services vehicles may be allowed for major events with prior approval.
- Please tidy up after an event to keep City parks clean.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited in City parks.
- A noise permit is required for amplified sound.
- All temporary structures - tents, staging, etc. - require prior approval.
- Users are responsible for the area's security and for locking up services after use. Users are also responsible for picking up and returning appropriate keys to the City Service Centre at City Hall.
- Gas barbecues are permitted in City parks.
- Open fires are NOT permitted.
- Dogs are not permitted on any sports fields or playground areas.
Note that parks and sports fields are generally booked from early May to mid-October and availability is weather dependent. The City of Prince George has a sixteen-(16)-day cancellation policy for full refunds.
Please report any damaged or vandalised park amenities by calling 250-561-7600.
The following parks are available for events:
- Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park
Cottonwood Island Nature Park
Forests for the World
Connaught Hill Park
Carrie Jane Gray Park
- Veterans Plaza
Community Foundation Park
Duchess Community Park
Moore's Meadow Nature Park
Applicants may also request use of a park not listed above on the Park Use form or call 250-561-7600 for more information.
Apply now for permission to use a City park
Sports Fields Bookings
The City offers fields and facilities for sporting events, many of which have hosted regional, provincial, and national competitions. Fields, tennis courts, and ball diamonds are available for both event and tournament use. A complete listing can be found in the
Sports Fields section. For more information, call 250-561-7600.
Did you know that City of Prince George parks division
supports close to 300 different park bookings, tournaments and special events
in City Parks, Sport Fields and Outdoor Recreation Facilities each year. The parks division has developed a resource
guide to assist groups through each step of the tournmanet and event process. There is everything from filling out the
online application form, reviewing permit requirements to set up needs and
requirements. Parks staff are here to ensure your tournament or special event is a success. Download the guide by clicking on the image.
Prince George School District 57 works in partnership with the City to make school gyms affordable and accessible to support healthy, active lifestyles.
Apply now for permission to use a school gym
City parks are available for hosting weddings of all types and sizes. Please note the following restrictions apply to all locations:
- All garbage and recycling - including decorations and flowers - must be disposed of immediately after the event. Please avoid over-filling park bins.
- Throwing rice is not permitted. Bird seed, however, is recommended.
- Smoking or consuming alcohol is not allowed in any City of Prince George park.
- Pets are not permitted.
Apply now for permission to use a City Park
Contact City Hall to apply for all necessary outdoor wedding permits. Events seeking to use large speakers to amplify voice or music will need an approved noise permit. The use of a small portable stereo or microphone for an officiate does not require a permit.
Apply now for a Noise Permit
Be sure to also ask about rules regarding trash removal, available electricity, park etiquette, and parking.
Setup and Decorations
Please note that event setup and take-down - including clean-up - times must be completed within the time allotted by the Park Use application. Outdoor decorations may be displayed with tape or string. Staples or nails are not allowed as these may damage trees and structures. All decorations must be removed immediately following the ceremony.
Chairs, Tents, and Structures
Temporary tents and structures are permitted in parks, but must be weighted into place. Pegs or spikes are not allowed. Please work the Facility Scheduling Co-ordinator to select suitable locations. Chairs are permitted, but should be used sparingly to avoid damaging the grass.
Food and Beverages
Alcohol consumption is not permitted in City parks. Food may be cooked on propane barbecues, but make sure not to place barbecues directly on picnic tables or other structures, as doing so may damage surfaces. Weddings may be catered, but caterers must not solicit or advertise business while on site and may only serve event guests.
Community event signs are allowed in most parks to promote upcoming community group events and public service announcements (certain conditions may apply). Sign locations are granted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be permitted on-site for a period no longer than thirty (30) days. Priority will be given to events hosted at civic facilities. Applications are accepted up to one year in advance.
- All signage design and printing are at the applicant's expense.
- All signs must be professional in appearance.
- Signage must not be used to promote or represent any political parties, commercial ventures, or controversial issues.
- The City reserves the right to refuse any signage application.
Book Mr. PG
Mr. PG can be booked to hold flags promoting local community groups. Flag signage must be professional and positive in appearance. Permission is granted at the discretion of the City of Prince George.
Apply now for permission to use signs or to book Mr. PG