- Pets may only run off-leash within designated park areas.
- Make sure dogs are wearing current license tags.
- Check with a veterinarian to ensure pet vaccinations are up to date.
- Pick up after pets and dispose of waste in a garbage bin or pet waste stations (see below).
- Do not let dogs jump on people.
- Owners must ensure pets are in their control at all times and within the boundaries of designated off-leash park areas.
- Pet leashes must be attached prior to entering and upon leaving designated off-leash park areas.
- Review and obey all park rules and relevant parking requirements.
- Dog breeds that are defined as "Dangerous" or "Restricted" as defined in the
City of Prince George Animal Control Bylaw No. 7771, 2005 must wear a leash and muzzle within designated on-leash park areas and trails as well as within designated off-leash park areas.
A maximum of
two dogs per person are allowed in designated off-leash park areas. Owners are personally liable for any damages or injury inflicted by their dog. Please ensure children are supervised in off-leash park areas.
To report infractions of these rules, please call City of Prince George Animal Control Services at 250-561-7600.