The City conducted interviews, focus groups, and released a Recreation and Well-being survey (from Nov. 12, 2020 to Dec. 11, 2020) to collect input on current community recreation and social well-being service delivery and emerging needs.
The City worked in collaboration with LevelUp Planning and Consulting to undertake a number of community engagement activities to gain an understanding of current service delivery from people receiving services and support from the City, from the City in partnership with third-party organizations, and with independent organizations.
The engagement was intended to uncover strengths and gaps of the current model of community recreation and well-being program and service delivery while also learning more about the community's needs. The phased engagement strategy consisted of:
- Key informant interviews
- Focus groups
- A public survey hosted from Nov. 12, 2020 to Dec. 11, 2020.
- Twenty-five (25) interviews conducted between Sept. 18, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2020 from groups including City of Prince George Councillors and staff, Community Association volunteers and staff, community leaders, faith-based organizations, myPG Grant recipients, non-profit organizations, volunteer organizations, other service providers.
- Four, one-hour focus groups were held to to discuss thoughts and experiences with City programs and service delivery.
- Groups consisted of Community Associations, sports and recreation organizations, social service providers, and arts and culture service providers.
SURVEY ENGAGEMENT PERIOD: Nov. 12, 2020 to Dec 11, 2020
- Five hundred and twenty-five (525) respondents participated in the online engagement survey.