Active Living News
SPRING 2019 ACTIVE LIVING MARKET
The Spring 2019 Active Living Market is coming soon to the Pine Centre Mall on March 2 and March 3.
More than 20 clubs and recreation groups will be setting up booths at the Market to showcase programs and activities. Stop by to learn more and to pick up the newest edition of the Spring and Summer 2019 Active Living Guide.
ACTIVE LIVING GUIDE
The Active Living Guide features an extensive listing of recreational programs and events for all ages during the spring and summer seasons.
The new Spring and Summer 2019 Active Living Guide is coming soon. Pick up a physical copy:
- In the February 28 edition of the Prince George Citizen.
- At City Hall, the Aquatic Centre, or the Four Seasons pool on March 1.
- From the Spring 2019 Active Living Market on March 2 and March 3.
Or view/download a digital copy on this page on February 27.
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS AND MORE
The Active Living Guide includes a list of local clubs and organisations in addition to information about Prince George's Community Associations. Learn more about these groups and the services they provide.
Subscribe to Active Living News
Stay up-to-date on the latest Active Living Guide and Market developments by subscribing to News and Notices. Be sure to select the "Active Living Guide and Market" category to receive notifications by email.
BACK TO TOP
Spring 2019 Active Living Market
The Active Living Market is held twice a year (spring and autumn) at Pine Centre Mall where visitors can discover recreational programs and special events available in Prince George.
The Spring 2019 Active Living Market will feature many local clubs and organisations. Learn about their recreational programs and special events on March 2 and March 3 at Pine Centre Mall. Some of the groups attending include:
- 396 Air Cadets
- Amanita Wellness
- BC Seniors Games
- Cercle des Canadiens Français de Prince George
- City of Prince George – Community Services
- CrossFit Northern Ice
- David Douglas Botanical Society
- El Shaddai Ranch
- Job's Daughters
- Ness Lake Bible Camp
- NorthBreast Passage
- Northern Sport Centre
- Northern United Football Association
- PG Canoe and Kayak Club
- PG Cycling Club
- PG Minor Football
- PG Minor Lacrosse
- PG Road Runners
- PG Tennis and Pickleball Club
- PG Youth Soccer Association
- Pisces Swim Club
- Rated PG Roller Derby Society
- Spruce City Minor Boys Fastball
- Two Rivers Gallery
- UNBC Active Minds
- UNBC Timberwolves Basketball
- YMCA of Northern BC
BACK TO TOP
Hosting a Booth at the Active Living Market
Groups registering for the Active Living Market must be recreational in nature, offering programs, services or special events that promote active living.
For more information or to register for a booth at the next Active Living Market, contact:
BACK TO TOP
Advertising in the Active Living Guide
Advertising in the Active Living Guide grants exposure to a large local audience. The Guide's reach is extended in the following ways:
- Nearly 25,000 hard copies distributed.
- Thousands of downloads and views from the City of Prince George's website.
- Direct links through social media channels.
Registration for Fall 2019 advertising will tentatively open May 1. Check back for details in April or contact:
Sizes and Prices for Fall 2019
Inside front and back covers (8” x 10.5”)
|Interior full page (7.25” x 9.5”)||$989.00||$698.00|
|Half page (7.25” x 4.625”)||$494.00||$349.00|
|Quarter page (3.5” x 4.625”)||$247.00||$175.00|
|One-eighth page (3.25” x 2.1875”)||$123.00||$87.00|
* Discount rate is available for not-for-profit groups, charitable organisations, registered societies organising leisure opportunities, or community services that do not charge admissions and/or have no intention of making personal financial gains.
Ad Submission Guidelines and Deadlines
- Ads must be submitted in electronic form (by email or, if in person, through a USB drive).
- Ads must be sized correctly at 300 dpi resolution.
- Ads may use one spot colour, but must otherwise be in black and white. Cyan may be converted to the chosen spot colour.
- Text must be converted to curves.
- Ads must be submitted in one of the following file formats:
Organisations and clubs may also request to have a free listing in the Active Living Guide Community Contact List (pages 72-74 of the Guide).
BACK TO TOP
Other Advertising Opportunities
More advertising opportunities are available through the City of Prince George's School Break Programs flyer and e-Newsletter. Visit the School Break Programs page for information on how to advertise in the publication that lists special events and activities available to youth on their Non-Instructional Days and seasonal school breaks.
BACK TO TOP