Aquatic Centre visitors must follow the new COVID-19 safety rules and guidelines and maintain physical distancing whenever possible.
COVID-19 Safety Rules
- Bring your own face mask. Face masks are required in the corridors leading to and from the change rooms and while in the change rooms where physical distancing is limited.
- Face masks are to be stored on-deck in lockers/cubbies and not worn while swimming. Children under two should not wear a mask as there are risks of breathing problems or a choking hazard.
- Do not enter if you are sick or required to self-isolate.
- Physical distancing of two arms lengths from others (two metres) is required.
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Wear a bathing suit prior to coming to the pool to limit the time spent in the change rooms.
- Do not share personal items.
- Wearing goggles in the water is encouraged.
- Personal pool equipment is prohibited.
- Do not spit, urinate, or blow your nose in the water.
- Shower before and after using the pool.
- Spectators are not permitted – viewing area closed.
- Customers are required to scan their admission confirmation at the self-scan station prior to admittance.
- Admissions must be paid in full at the time of registration. Twenty-four (24) hours notice is required for cancellation to account credit.
- U-Pass & Leisure Access Pass holders are required to pay regular admission rates after 3 missed pool visits if 24 hours cancellation notice is not provided.
General Rules and Safety
- Customers must follow directions provided from aquatic staff and posted rules.
- Red Wrist Band - Children 6 years and under MUST be accompanied and closely supervised within arm's reach by a responsible person 16 years and older. A lifejacket is required for non-swimmers when swimming past chest deep water. A maximum of 3 children per responsible person 16 years and older is required. A Red band is recommended for adults who are non-swimmers.
- Yellow Wrist Band - Children 7-9 years who cannot swim comfortably in deep water must remain in shallow water. A lifejacket is required when swimming past chest deep water.
- Green Wrist Band - Children 7-9 years who can swim comfortably in deep water or completion of Swim Kids Level 5 or greater.
- Running, fighting, or any form of conduct likely to cause injury is not permitted.
- Violence, foul language, and abusive behaviours are not permitted.
- Persons under the influence of drugs and alcohol are not permitted.
- Swimming under the bulkhead is not permitted.
- Diving is not permitted except in designated areas.
- Report all injuries/incidents to aquatic staff immediately
- Use of image recording devices in public areas requires consent.
Customers with serious medical conditions (seizure disorders, heart conditions etc.) should be accompanied by another person.
Food, gum and/or glass containers are not permitted on the pool deck or change rooms.
Additional rules are provided on signage within the facility and or may be presented in person by the lifeguard.
- Boys over six (6) years of age are not permitted in the women's change room.
- Girls over six (6) years of age are not permitted in the men's change room.
- Use of image recording devices is not permitted in the change rooms.
- The family change room is intended for families with small children, special needs, and individuals who require a private change room.
Health and Hygiene
- A cleansing shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- Spitting or nose cleansing is not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- Outside footwear is not permitted on the pool deck or shower areas. Supportive, non-slip footwear is recommended.
- Customers who have conditions such as diarrhea, vomiting, head colds, ear or nose discharges, ear infections or have open sore(s) or bandages or have related symptoms should not enter the pool.
- Bathing attire is required to be clean, appropriate (e.g. non-see-through material that covers genitals), and for pool use only. Underwear is not considered appropriate bathing attire.
- Infants, toddlers or persons with incontinence must wear a swim diaper and/or elastic swim pants.
Length Swimming Etiquette
- Swim in pace-appropriate lanes.
- Keep right except to pass, and do not stop or gather at the end of a lane.
- Lockers are provided for customers. However, the City of Prince George is not responsible for lost or stolen items.