Indoor public skating season runs from October to March. Sessions are held at the Elksentre or Rolling Mix Concrete Arenas every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and on select School Break days and holidays.
Register for skating lessons designed for novices of all ages. In addition, select programs are available for experienced skaters such as those looking to develop essential hockey ice skills. Lesson schedules will vary from season to season and new schedules will be posted when released.
The Prince George Outdoor Ice Oval
The 400-metre long natural ice Prince George Outdoor Oval is open to recreational and speed skaters and is located at 4249 18th Avenue (behind the CN Centre between University Way hill). The Outdoor Ice Oval Society of Prince George maintains the Oval with support from the City. The Society posts hours of operation, fees and skating schedules, current conditions, and rules on its website.
Community Outdoor Ice Rinks
The City's Community Associations also sponsor a number of outdoor ice rinks that are maintained by volunteers. Please remember the following while enjoying community rinks:
- Rinks are unsupervised. Residents should use at their own risk.
- Protective equipment including helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads are highly recommended.
- Physical abuse or horseplay is not permitted.
- Skaters and hockey players must be considerate of each other and divide up the ice for mutual enjoyment.
- Keep the area free of litter.
- Since rinks are cared for by volunteers, please bring a shovel and help keep areas free of snow.
- Stay off the ice if a rink is closed for maintenance.
Click the above image to find a Community Rink or
download a PDF version of the map.
Get Involved with Local Ice Rinks
Flooding and use of hydrants and standpipes is done by Certified Ice Rink Captains. Only volunteers who have attended the City of Prince George Ice Making Workshop and possess current certification can operate this equipment. The City offers this free workshop each year in November.
Please email Marta Gregor for workshop details and registration information.
Interested in volunteering at a rink? Contact a local Community Association or the Community Partnerships Division with the City of Prince George at 250-561-7600.