École Lac des Bois
Masich Place Stadium
LOCATION: 2121 Massey Drive
HOURS: The Stadium track opens at 6:00am seven days a week. Track closing hours will depend on events scheduled for the day.
- On days with no booked events, the Stadium track will be open for walking until 9:00pm.
Learn more about Masich Place Stadium
Heritage River Trail System
LOCATION: Trail can be accessed anywhere along the Fraser and Nechako Rivers.
- Walk along the Nechako and Fraser River.
- Features an 11 kilometre-long, accessible, mixed paved, gravel, and dirt trail that runs through a number of parks, including Lheidli T'enneh Memorial Park, the Hudson's Bay Wetland, and Cottonwood Island Nature Park.
LOCATION: 4190 Massey Drive (near Ospika Boulevard off Massey Drive and Ferry Avenue).
- Pet-friendly option with accessible paved trails that back onto a forested area.
- Links up with the UNBC Connector Trail.
The CN Centre and Rolling Mix Concrete Arena offer a free indoor walking program during the winter months. Only walking is allowed on the concourse areas. Running, roller skating/rollerblading, and skateboarding are not permitted.
NOTE: Indoor walking is unavailable on days when facilities are being cleaned or during scheduled special events. Signs will be posted to indicate closures when possible.
CN Centre Walking Program
Rolling Mix Concrete Arena Walking Program
LOCATION: 888 Dominion Street
DAYS: Monday to Sunday (from October to April)
TIME: 8:00am to 3:00pm. Closed weekends and Christmas.
- DISTANCE: 5 laps = 1 kilometre
- The Rolling Mix Concrete Arena walking concourse is unheated. Visitors are advised to dress appropriately.