Fire and Rescue media release - 2400 block of Oak Street

Media Releases

On February 6, 2023, at approximately 14:36 hours, crews from three fire halls responded to a report of a structure fire on the 2400 block of Oak Street.

  • On arrival, crews found light smoke coming from the upper floor of the structure.
  • A mattress fire was located and extinguished.
  • One occupant was assessed for smoke inhalation by paramedics on the scene and released.
  • The fire caused a moderate amount of smoke damage.
  • Damage to the structure is estimated at $15,000.
  • The cause of the fire is deemed to be accidental.


Media contact

Mike Lee, senior communications advisor
City of Prince George

Mobile: 778-349-1386