Terms of Service and Agreement
The personal information on this form is collected by the City of Prince George for the purposes of facilitating the CCTV Registry Program under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, to update or correct your information, or to opt out of the program, please contact the Manager of Police Support Services at 455 Victoria Street, Prince George, B.C., or by telephone at 250-561-3300 or email at email@example.com.
Terms of Service
The CCTV Registry allows you to proactively participate in the enhancement of your community’s public safety by confidentially and voluntarily registering your surveillance recording camera(s) with the City of Prince George.
By registering your surveillance equipment, you will be helping law enforcement quickly identify the location and owners of potential sources of video evidence, decreasing time, effort, and cost of an incident investigation.
By voluntarily registering your camera equipment with the City of Prince George, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You are registering only those cameras that you own and manage.
- The information you voluntarily register (your contact information and camera location details) will be confidentially managed by the City of Prince George and securely shared with law enforcement for the sole purpose of identifying potential recorded video footage related to a law enforcement investigation.
- The City of Prince George has safeguards in place to protect your personal information against such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure or disposal.
- If law enforcement determines that you may have video evidence relevant to a public safety incident investigation, they will contact you directly using the contact information you provided when registering. Your registration information is reserved for official use by the City of Prince George and will not be released by the City unless required for an active investigation.
- You are only registering the location of your camera(s) and your contact information. You are not providing the City with direct access to your camera(s) or video footage.
- By voluntarily participating in this program, you do not become an employee or agent of the City of Prince George.
- If you are registering a business location, you acknowledge your business is subject to, and you are in compliance with:
- Your business is subject to British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), which includes section 10 (Required notification for collection of personal information), and that the OIPC may audit your compliance of PIPA.
- The Overt Video Surveillance Guidelines, published by British Columbia’s Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) apply to your business.
- If you are registering a business location, you are also aware that the Overt Video Surveillance Guidelines published by British Columbia’s Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) apply to your business.
If you have any questions or concerns about this program or information you register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.