Mayor Lyn Hall has been an active member of the Prince George community for over 30 years. Lyn first entered local politics in 2001 when he won a seat as a school trustee on the Prince George School Board. He spent 10 years on the board holding various positions, including chair and vice-chair.
In 2011, Lyn ran and successfully won a seat on Prince George City Council. As a councillor, Hall was a member of several committees and community groups. In 2014, he was successful in his campaign for mayor of Prince George.
Mayor Hall and his wife Lorrelle are the parents of twin daughters, both of whom attended UNBC and played soccer for the UNBC Timberwolves.
- Chair, Select Advisory Committee on Economic Development
- City of Prince George Finance & Audit Committee
- Vice President, Northern Medical Programs Trust
- Board Member, Northern Development Initiative Trust (NDIT)
- Board Member, Prince George Community Foundation (PGCF)
- Representative, Regional District of Fraser-Fort George, to the Municipal Finance Authority (RDFFG)
- 100th Anniversary Celebration
- 2015 Canada Winter Games Host Society
- Chair, Management & Finance Committee for School District #57
- Chair, Prince George Child Development Centre
- Coach, soccer & ringette
- 2001 Co-chair BC Special Olympics Summer Games