Community Association Strategy
Community Associations are important to the citizens of Prince George. There are 7 Community Associations representing neighbourhoods throughout Prince George. These volunteer organizations provide neighbourhood recreation programs, special events and fundraising opportunities.
The City of Prince George has completed a comprehensive Community Association Strategy. This strategy will help to ensure that Community Associations are sustainable into the future.
Community Association Strategy click here.
What is a Community Asso
Community Associations are volunteer organizations that deliver recreation
programs and community development activities that strengthen communities within
a specific geographic area.
- Everyone is welcome.
- Diversity is respected.
- Neighbours meet to make friends and be active.
- Children, families, youth, adults, seniors, people with disabilities,
newcomers to the community…attend, participate, belong, lead and learn!
For specific information about Community Associations see the listing below:
What can a community association do for
- Provide recreational programs and special events for children, teens,
adults, seniors and families.
- Volunteer experience for school and work
- Opportunity for individual growth and development through:
- Skill Development
- Social Opportunities
What can a community association do
for your community?
- Create a sense of place and belonging
- Builds connection between residents
- Makes a community a better place to live
- Provides volunteers new skills and a place to share their abilities and
- Identify and work with residents of the community on issues of common
- Offers opportunities to come together to celebrate events throughout the
What can you do for your
- Attend a meeting and introduce yourself
- Register for one of their programs
- Volunteer with the set up for a special event
- Develop your leadership skills and run for a board position
- Commit one hour a month to a program
- Challenge your creativity and help with newsletters
- Share your abilities and talents – Volunteer!
Where and when can I register?
Each Community Association has different registration locations and dates.
Please check the Community
Active Living Guide for further information. Generally, registration is the
second or third week in September, the beginning of January and mid April. Some
Community Associations deliver separate flyers through the newspaper or schools,
please watch for this information.
Remember! You don't have to be from the area to register for any Community
Association's programs. All Community Association programs are open to
all residents of Prince George.
Program registration for the Beaverly, Blackburn, Hart, South Bowl, West Bowl
and Crescents Community Associations will be taken on-line at http://pgleisure.princegeorge.ca, over the phone at 250-561-7600
or in person at City Hall, the Aquatic Centre or the Four Seasons Leisure Pool.