NEW Message to Applicants
As part of ongoing improvements to our City grants, we are excited to announce the upcoming launch of Foundant, a Grant Lifecycle Manager software that simplifies the grant application process for not-for-profit organizations. Foundant will officially launch for the myPG Fall intake in 2024.
Foundant is an all-in-one platform that streamlines the entire grant process, ensuring a smoother experience from start to finish. Some of the enhanced features include:
- Preview the entire application before submitting your response.
- Auto-save function to save your work and come back later.
- Shared access to draft applications and ability to collaborate with multiple users on the same grant application(s).
- Review previous grant submissions.
- Copy from previous applications and pre-populated information to speed up the process.
- Check on the status of your application.
- Receive reminder notifications to ensure reporting requirements are met.
Further details, including support for setting up and navigating a user account, will be available in the upcoming months. We'll provide detailed guidance on how to set up your user account and complete your application in Foundant well in advance. Check the City's grants page regularly for the latest updates.
The City of Prince George recognizes local organizations work hard and have many ideas on how to boost the community. The City provides grants and financial assistance programs to help groups meet their goals of enhancing PG for all who live here.
The City of Prince George adjudication committees, which include external community members, will consider the below when evaluating grant applications;
- Alignment with grant criteria.
- Value for investment (i.e., budget details).
- The City is also guided by several policies and procedures which are considered in the adjudication process (see below links at bottom of webpage for additional information).
- Council’s interest in financially supporting a variety of organizations and initiatives.
Please note: depending on the overall volume of applications received and the available funding, the City may be unable to financially support all applications. Depending on the outcomes of adjudication, including but not limited to alignment with grant criteria, partial funding may be considered.
myPG Community Grant
The objective of the myPG Community grant is to assist registered not-for profits implement new or enhance current projects that contribute to making Prince George a great community.
- Applications are accepted twice per year with an intake deadline of March 15 and October 15 at 4:30 pm.
- Allocations are generally $8,000 or less.
Celebrate PG Grant
The objective of the Celebrate PG Grant is to assist registered not-for profits implement new or enhance current events that increase community pride and focus on attracting visitors.
- Applications are accepted once per year with an intake deadline of December 18 at 4:30 p.m.
- Allocations are between $5,000 and $10,000 maximum, depending on if it is an emerging or signature event (see below definitions).