The City of Prince George manages and maintains sport field infrastructure through an extensive turf management program including mowing, fertilization, irrigation along with secondary practices of aeration, top dressing and over seeding. A number of Prince George ball diamond and sport field infrastructure is maintained in partnership and through rental agreements with sport user groups. See complete listing below.
Most tennis, basketball, volleyball courts and bike and skate parks are open to the public and available for community use on a first come first serve basis. There are a number of community ball diamonds and sport fields on City and School District 57 property that can be booked out for community use.
Fields at Carrie Jane Gray Park
Location: 2121 Massey Drive
Masich Place Stadium is Prince George's premier sporting locale and features:
- A synthetic turf infield that meets the regulations for a FIFA soccer field and CFL football field.
- Permanent throws and jumps facilities.
- Synthetic running track resurfacing.
- Exterior painting of the grandstand structure.
For more information:
Location: 2445 Del Laverdure Way
This national-calibre ball field hosted the 2009, 2011, and 2013 World Baseball Challenge and has been used for national and provincial youth and adult baseball championships. Some of its amenities include:
- A lit ball diamond with a 119-metre fence line and a shortened left-field featuring a five-metre "Green Monster" wall similar to Boston's Fenway Park.
- Covered grandstand with seating for 500.
- Electronic scoreboard and public address system.
- Four (4) washrooms, two (2) dressing rooms, an official's room with shower, concession, and scorekeeper's booth.
- In-ground dugouts.
- Wheelchair accessibility.
This field is entered into an annual rental agreement with Prince George Youth Baseball for exclusive use for shared maintenance responsibilities. Please contact Prince George Youth Baseball for rental inquiries or information.
Location: 2210 Massey Drive
Spruce City Stadium has hosted a number of provincial tournaments since it opened 40 years ago. This lit ball diamond has a 75-metre fence line and shale infield and features a covered grandstand. Other amenities include:
- Stadium seating.
- A clubhouse, concession, ticket booth, washrooms, and a storage room.
- Five bleachers.
- An electronic scoreboard and public address system.
This field is entered into an annual rental agreement with Spruce City Men Fastball Association for exclusive use for shared maintenance responsibilities. Please contact Spruce City Men Fastball for rental inquiries or more information.
Other baseball, softball, and fastball fields located in Carrie Jane Gray Park include:
- Minor Girl's Field with bleachers.
- Minor Boy's Softball Field with bleachers and washrooms and Ron Wiley Fastball Field with washrooms and concession building. This field is entered into an annual rental agreement with Spruce City Minor Boys Fastball for exclusive use for shared maintenance responsibilities. Please contact Spruce City Minor Boys for rental inquiries or more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rotary Baseball Field with dugouts, bleachers, and washrooms. This field is entered into an annual rental agreement with Prince George Youth Baseball for exclusive use for shared maintenance responsibilities. Please contact Prince George Youth Baseball for rental inquiries or more information.
- Act Now BC Seniors Community Park - Located off Massey Drive next to Masich Place Stadium (next to the parking lot), the park features outdoor fitness equipment.
- BMX Dirt Track - This track is managed by Supertrak BMX, but is also open to the public and located next to the Rotary Baseball Field.
- Jumpstart Multi Sport Court - Located between Rotary Skate Park and the lacrosse box off Massey Drive, this 28,000 square foot multi sport court is the largest of its kind built by Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities in Canada to date. It is designed to accommodate physical, cognitive, and sensory disabilities. The recreation space supports casual play and a variety of organized sports and para sports, such as basketball, tennis, and pickleball.
- Lacrosse Box - Located between the multi sport courts and the toboggan hill.
- Rotary Skate Park - This 1,765-square-metre park features a street-style setting with an attached 1.8-metre bowl plus additional highlights like ledges, rails, concrete waves, and more.
- Volleyball Courts - Three full-size beach volleyball courts are located behind the YMCA of Northern BC. Courts are open to the public on a first-come-first-served basis.
Location: 4055 Balsum Road
Joe Martin Field is located at Balsum Park. The Prince George Youth Baseball Association operates the field and can be contacted for more information about bookings.
Location: 2825 12th Avenue
Freeman Park has three softball diamonds nestled into a beautiful neighbourhood park and is home to the Prince George Minor Girls Softball and Senior Ladies Fastball.
These fields are entered into exclusive use agreements for shared maintenance responsibilities. Please contact Prince George Minor Girls Softball and Senior Ladies Fastball for rental inquiries or more information.
Location: 3303 North Nechako Road
Nechako Park was built to meet national slo-pitch and softball standards and is home to the Prince George Nechako Slo Pitch League. Amenities include:
- Two lit ball diamonds with dugouts and a 91-metre fence field line.
- On-site seating for large crowds (up to 200 spectators) with additional seating available along grass berms.
- A parking lot that can accommodate up to 200 vehicles with extra overflow room.
- A clubhouse with a concession area and barrier-free washrooms that are accessible through paved, multi-use trails.
Location: 4855 Heather Road
Home to the Prince George Youth Baseball Association (PGYBA), Volunteer Park contains a four-diamond complex located in Prince George's Hart Highlands neighbourhood. It also hosts the PGYBA's central office.
Location: 4111 15th Avenue
Home to the Prince George Soccer Association, the soccer fields at Exhibition Park consist of five individual fields (including one with lights). Soccer season runs from mid-May to mid-September.
For more information:
Location: 4111 15th Avenue
The Rotary Soccer Fields host the Prince George Youth Soccer Association (PGYSA) and consists of five lit and three unlit fields. On-site amenities include a clubhouse and concession, washrooms, and change rooms.
The Rotary soccer fields have hosted regional, provincial, and national tournaments. The Prince George Youth Soccer Association maintains all eight fields and can be contacted for more information about bookings.
Tennis and pickleball courts
All tennis and pickleball courts are open seasonally generally May - October and welcome public use on a first come, first serve basis.
Location Blackburn Park 2457 Blackburn Road South Carrie Jane Gray Park 2005 Massey Drive College Heights Secondary 6180 Domano Boulevard D.P. Todd Secondary 4444 Hill Avenue Duchess Park 747 Winnipeg Street Eaglenest Park 4343 Eaglenest Crescent École Lac des Bois Elementary 4131 Rainbow Drive Fairburn Park 5227 Meadowbrook Road Shas Ti Kelly Road Secondary 7443 Kelly Road South North College Park 5335 Eton Avenue Peden Hill Elementary 3500 Westwood Drive Ridgeview Park 2992 Ridgeview Drive
Basketball and volleyball courts
Basketball and volleyball courts are open seasonally generally May - October and welcome public use on a first come, first serve basis
Carrie Jane Gray Park - Jumpstart Multi Sport Court - 1 FIBA regulation court and and 10 fixed height basketball hoops.
2005 Massey Drive Clearwood Park 3495 Bellamy Road Duchess Park 2425 Ross Crescent Hammond Park 2848 Hammond Avenue Harry Loder Park 3655 Rainbow Drive Gordon Bryant Park 165 Gordon Crescent Prudente Park 4132 Prudente Road Sinclair Park 1860 Sinclair Road Starlane Park 2748 Starlane Drive Strathcona Park 1991 Strathcona Avenue St Mary Park 7540 St Mary Crescent Zimmaro Park 4819 Zimmaro Avenue
Other sports fields and parks
Rainbow Park (3800 Rainbow Drive) features a beginner-friendly 10 hole disc golf course.
- Never throw into a blind area or when players, spectators, pedestrians, or other facility users are within range.
- Please avoid playing alternative layouts.
- Represent the sport. Be positive and responsible. Teach others.
- Out-of-bounds areas include all roadways and asphalt pathways.