Aquatic Centre to Re-Open, Four Seasons Remains Closed
Prince George City Council confirmed on July 27 that the Prince George Aquatic Centre will re-open to provide service to residents. The pool is slated to open its doors again on September 8, 2020.
The Four Seasons Leisure pool will remain shuttered indefinitely due to swimming lessons, close-contact programs, and sports not being allowed until the BC Province's Restart Plan enters Phase 4.
For more information:
Aquatics Safety Plan
The City of Prince George has developed an Aquatics Pool Safety Plan as mandated by Worksafe BC and the Provincial Public Health Officer. The plan will be updated as circumstances and protocols evolve.
For more information, download:
Prince George Aquatic Centre
NEWS AND UPDATES
Pool Safety Coloured Wrist Bands
Children under 10 years of age must wear coloured wrist bands when swimming at the Aquatic Centre.
For more information:
1770 George Paul Lane
Prince George, BC V2N 0E1
LESSONS AND PROGRAMS
Private, semi-private, and public swimming lessons for all ages are held at the Prince George Aquatic Centre. Aquatic leadership programs and parent participation lessons are also available for registration.
Swimming lessons are not available until further notice due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
1100 Patricia Boulevard
Prince George, BC V2L 3V9
Phone: 311 (or 250-561-7600 outside city limits)
Need to report a problem? Submit a service request online.
Regular Pool Hours
Doors open 30 minutes before scheduled swim times.
- Waves start time is 11:00am daily.
- Pool open for adults on Lessons and Lanes days, but pool space is shared with lessons Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Pool entry into the change rooms occurs 10 minutes before the morning swim Monday to Saturday and 15 minutes before on Sunday.
Pool is open on statutory holidays from 11:30am to 5:30pm.
MONDAY||6:00am to 9:00pm||9:00pm to 10:00pm||--|
TUESDAY||6:00am to 10:00pm||--||--|
WEDNESDAY||6:00am to 9:00pm||9:00pm to 10:00pm||--|
THURSDAY||6:00am to 10:00pm||--||--|
FRIDAY||6:00am to 10:00pm||--||--|
SATURDAY||10:30am to 9:00pm||--||8:00am to 10:30am|
SUNDAY||10:30am to 9:00pm||--||8:30am to 10:30am|
STAT HOLIDAYS||11:30am to 5:30pm||--||--|
- Main pool closed while bulkheads are being moved on the following days and times:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 9:15am
Saturday - 11:00am to 11:45am
- Limited main pool space:
Monday to Friday - 6:00am to 7:30am and 4:30pm to 8:30pm.
Saturday - 8:00am to 1:15pm and 3:30pm to 5:45pm.
Sunday - 8:30am to 1:00pm.
Diving Board Availability
Diving boards and the five-metre tower (7.5-metre and 10-metre available upon requested) hours are subject to change.
|MONDAY||9:15am to 5:30pm and 9:00pm to 10:00pm
|TUESDAY|| 11:00am to 5:00pm and 9:00pm to 10:00pm
|WEDNESDAY||9:15am to 5:30pm and 9:00pm to 10:00pm
|THURSDAY||11:00am to 5:00pm and 9:00pm to 10:00pm
|FRIDAY||9:15am to 5:00pm and 7:30pm to 10:00pm
|SATURDAY||1:00pm to 9:00pm|
|SUNDAY||11:00am to 9:00pm
Pro Shop Hours
|MONDAY||8:30am to 4:30pm|
|TUESDAY||8:30am to 4:30pm|
|WEDNESDAY||8:30am to 4:30pm|
|THURSDAY||8:30am to 4:30pm|
|FRIDAY||8:30am to 4:30pm|
|SATURDAY||11:00am to 4:00pm|
|SUNDAY||9:00am to 3:00pm||Aquatics|
|Family 1st Adult**||$5.67||-||$58.80||$147.00||$277.20||$519.75|
|Additional Family Members**||$3.99||-||$40.95||$105.00||$196.35||$369.60|
* With a valid student identification card.
** Family rates are available and apply to adults with their children/youth 18 years of age and younger.
- Locker tokens are $0.35 for small lockers and $0.70 for large lockers.
Caregiver Courtesy Visit
A caregiver who provides physical support to an individual with a disability (who cannot function independently) is admitted free while remaining within arm's reach of their dependant. Aquatic staff may request an assessment to determine whether the courtesy visit should be extended.
Children Under Three Swim Free
Children under three years of age may swim for free with an adult.
- All children six years and under MUST be accompanied and closely supervised (within arms reach) by a responsible person (16+ years of age) at all times. Maximum three children under the age of seven per responsible person.
Leisure Access Program
Financial assistance to participate in recreational activities - including aquatics - is available for families with limited income through the City's Leisure Access Program.
Qualifying families will receive:
- Fifty-two (52) complimentary public swimming or skating admissions.
- Seventy-five (75) per cent off 10-visit, monthly, or annual swimming passes if the 52 complimentary admissions have been used.
- Seventy-five (75) per cent off programs ($50.00 credit maximum) such as swimming lessons and Community Association programs.
- Free Prince George transit for children 12 and under (when accompanied by an adult) on Saturdays and Sundays.
For more information:
Aquatic Centre Fitness Room
The Aquatic Centre's fitness room is open during regular hours and admission includes access. The fully-equipped gym includes cardio machines, plate-loaded strength training equipment, and free weights. Unaccompanied visitors must be at least 16 years old. Visitors 13-15 years of age must be supervised by an adult (19+ years).
Fitness Centre Etiquette
Please be mindful and considerate of other visitors in the Fitness Centre and observe the following rules of etiquette:
- Return free weights to the rack when finished and avoid dropping them on the floor.
- Gym attire is required: closed-toe indoor shoes, shirt, and shorts or pants.
- Food and glass containers are not allowed.
- Violence, foul language, and abusive behaviour are forbidden.
Swim for $2.10 (taxes included) per visit or $21.00 (taxes included) for 10 visits at the Aquatic Centre on the following days and times:
- Prince George Aquatic Centre
Monday to Friday - 12:00pm to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 3:00 pm
Monday to Thursday from 9:00pm to 10:00pm
Additional Toonie Swim Information
- Children registered for lessons and their families can swim before or after a lesson for only a toonie (+GST).
- Toonie Swims (+GST) are offered all day during School District #57 Non-Instructional days.
- Toonie Swims are not valid during special events, statutory holidays, or school vacations.
- Toonie Swims may not be combined with any other coupon or discount offer.
Aquatic Passes are available for purchase at the front counters of the Prince George Aquatic Centre. Depending on the plan, passes give unlimited access to both pools for one (1), three (3), six (6), or twelve (12) months.
Pass holders may also drop into scheduled fitness classes, the Aquatic Centre gym, open pool and lane space, the hot tub, sauna, and the Aquatic Centre's steam room.