FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Prince George B.C - The City of Prince George is seeking applications for the 2024 intake of the Celebrate PG grant. The Celebrate PG grant helps registered not-for profits implement new or enhance current events that increase community pride and focus on attracting visitors.
Applications are accepted once per year with an intake deadline of December 18 at 4:30pm.
Allocations are between $5,000 and $10,000 maximum, depending on if it is an emerging or signature event. Signature events are those that have demonstrated 3 years of successful growth and stability as well as have a minimum $100,000 event operating budget.
Eligible applicants must be a registered non-profit society and the event must be within the City of Prince George Boundary and be open to the public.
The Celebrate PG Grant will fund:
- Costs associated with enhancing visitor experiences.
- i.e., presenting a big-name entertainer or activity that would not have been feasible without the funding.
- Extending a one-day festival to two-day festival (preference will be given to multi-day events).
- Marketing costs.
The Celebrate PG Grant will NOT fund:
- Normal/previous event costs (if an existing event).
- Costs incurred prior to approval of application and confirmation of funding.
- Organizational operating or capital costs.
- Administration fees, event coordination and staffing costs.
- Budget overrun.
- Fundraisers, sporting, political, consumer/tradeshows, galas, religious or healthcare events.
Earlier this year, the City reviewed its grants program. Staff heard feedback from local not-for-profits that highlighted the need for administrative changes to streamline the application process. The feedback from phase one resulted in improvements to the grants webpage and application forms.
More information about the Celebrate PG grant, including how to apply, can be found on the City website.
Claire Thwaites, senior communications advisor