Community Associations are local groups of volunteers in a community, supported by the City of Prince George, that provide low cost and neighbourhood recreation programs and services in Prince George. Although associations are connected to specific neighbourhoods, all can register for their programs regardless of where they live. Community Associations are always looking for volunteers to run programs in the neighbourhood school gym, local sport field or the community ice rink.
Check out the related links list to visit each Community Association in your neighbourhood.
With the exception of College Heights programs, Community Association program registration can be done online or by calling the Service Centre at 3-1-1. You will need an account with the City of Prince George to register online. Note that when attempting to register for a program, you will be prompted to log in to an existing account or sign up for a new one.
To register for College Heights Community Association programs:
- Visit the College Heights Community Association website
- Phone: 250-964-2662
Volunteer at a Community Association
Community Associations are always looking for new volunteers. Contact an Association to find out more. Some examples of how to get involved include:
- Coming up with a new program idea and pitching it to a Community Association.
- Becoming a board member and assisting in guiding a Community Association.
- Helping out with flooding or snow clearing at a Community Association ice rink.
Parents and their teenaged children may also lead a Community Association program and gain the following benefits:
- Parent and teen bonding
- Individual growth and development
- Fun and rewarding experience
For more information: