This 32 hectare park has trails that wind along the Nechako Rivers shoreline. This nature park offers scenery, solitude and connections.
DISTANCE: 2.2 kilometres
ELEVATION: Relatively flat with less than 10 metres of elevation change.
TRAIL TYPE: Paved, dirt, and granular.
- Picnic shelter
- Benches and picnic tables
- Canoe launch
- Paved boat launch
Common entry points
- Multiple entry points off River Road via Highway 16 near the Yellowhead Bridge or off Carney Street.
- Located adjacent to the Prince George Railway and Forestry Museum.
- Part of the Heritage River Trail and Centennial Trail.
Cottonwood Island Nature Park is a leash area.
- Keep your pet on a leash at all times
- Clean up after your pet
- Obey all signs