There are two funding categories:
1. Emerging Tourism Events:
- Local events that show an economic return, attract media exposure, and market and attract tourists.
- Term: 1- 3 year terms are available with a maximum annual grant contribution of $5,000*
2. Signature Tourism Events:
- Major tourism events that show an economic return and attract significant media exposure, sponsors, and attendance including tourists. Only festivals and events that have demonstrated three (3) years of successful growth and stability as well as have a minimum $50,000 event operating budget are eligible to apply under this category.
- Term: 1- 3 year terms are available with a maximum annual grant contribution of $15,000*
*Recipients awarded with multi-year grant terms are not required to re-submit an application form in subsequent years provided the City has received and accepted their annual Post Event Evaluation Form from the previous year.
2020 Event Definitions and Grant Criteria
- Only registered non-profit societies or registered charities are eligible.
- A minimum of 50 per cent of requested funding must be used for marketing and needs to be clearly identified in the application, budget and, if successful, demonstrated in the evaluation.
- Successful applications need to demonstrate how they are meeting these grant criteria:
- Outline the enhancement or creation of an event and how it will positively impact the event
- Demonstrate that the organisation has the capacity to execute the event
- Indicate how the event will focus on building and measuring local attendance and will effectively reach the identified target audience(s), including out of town visitation and overnight stays
- Show that the event will not duplicate other initiatives
- Present a proposed budget that is sufficiently detailed, reasonable and balanced and demonstrates how the funds will be leveraged to increase overall budget
- Detail how the event enhances Prince George and promotes it as a great place to live and visit
- Exhibit how the event fosters partnerships and celebrates civic spaces and organisations
- Outline how the event promotes cultural richness, local arts, history and attractions as well as equality, inclusivity and accessibility
- The event must be held within the city limits of the City of Prince George and be open to the public and promoted as such.
Notification will be made within six weeks of the application deadline. Funds will be available for distribution in January 2020.
Funding decisions are based on available funds, quality of applications, adherence to the outlined criteria and applicants may not get the full amount requested. Please be thorough in your application. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note: Applicants wishing to have submissions reviewed in advance to ensure completion or to get feedback may send it to Jen Rubadeau at a minimum of two weeks before the deadline.
For more information and to return the application please contact:
Civic Events Coordinator
Need help, ideas, and tips on how to write the application?