The City of Prince George is seeking applications for the myPG Community Grant fall intake. The grant helps registered not-for-profits implement or enhance new and current projects and events that contribute to making Prince George a great community. The application deadline is October 16, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
Eligible projects can be large or small (grants typically range from $2500 to $8000 but can be as small as $900). Applications are evaluated based on eligibility and alignment with the following grant criteria:
- Increasing community pride
- Encouraging health and wellness
- Encouraging involvement in arts and culture
- Providing social connections for residents
- Ensuring equity and inclusion (with an emphasis on initiatives that reduce stigma and discrimination associated with issues like poverty to ensure all citizens can fully participate in community life)
Earlier this year, the City reviewed its grants program. Staff heard feedback from local not-for-profits that highlighted the need for administrative changes to streamline the application process. The feedback from phase one resulted in improvements to the grants webpage and application forms.
More information about the myPG Community Grant, including how to apply, can be found on the City website.
Julie Rogers, communications manager